Tuesday, October 7, 2008

MY SISTERS KEEPER

I attended my first Corporate Diversity Committee meeting yesterday. I enjoyed being in a meeting filled with kindred spirit. You could feel the girl-power at the door. I was one of nine women and likely the least experienced in this initiative. I sat there SO praising GOD for both my Right Now (meaning, HIS allowing this opportunity to happen to me) and my Not Yet (meaning, I know HE has a bigger plan for me).

The highlight for me, was when as a part of our "what we hope to achieve" brainstorming session, one of the more experienced women on the team shared the theory of TURN and PULL. The idea is simple: an organization of women can rise, if as each one advances, she Turns back and Pulls one or more women along with her. I played that over and over in my head. I liked it and I saw it not only as a charge to elevate women at our company and in the corporate-world over, but likewise in the Kingdom of God.

Of course in the context of God the desires differ, they are focused on a strong relationship with HIM and a servants heart - rather than the rise to some C-level (e.g. CEO, CFO, CIO, COO) position of envied authority; But the concept is still applicable. GOD's word charges women to be responsible for each other, teaching one another in spiritual and practical matters (Titus 2:3-5). Turn and Pull. Turn and Pull.

That says to me: Becoming a Proverbs 31 Woman takes a Titus 2 Support System. I think this is a call to action, ladies, we are indeed our Brothers Sister's Keeper.

Who will you TURN and PULL?

"The aged woman likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." (Titus 2:3-5)

No comments: