Sunday, October 12, 2008

A PERFECT SUNDAY

Daily Bread -

Scriptures that got me through:

"I have been young and now I'm old; Yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his descendants begging bread. (Psalms 37:25)

"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalms 47:10

--------------

Brotherly Luv -

The boys loving on each other while I get ready for church. I cherish these moments. No arguments and violent fits over armless, headless, figure men. 2-Cute!!!










--------------

Speaking of Bread....


Tomorrow I have to take a favorite family recipe to Chase's school (a day late, of course - it was due Friday, oops) His teacher is compiling a cookbook for the holiday season. I am looking forward to it. I love to eat some of the favorite foods of my childhood as well as prepare our house favorites - one of which is the Pumpkin Loaf. I thought I would pass it along here.


I store my "best of" recipes in a recipe box I received as a gift at one of my bridal showers, 7 1/2 years ago now - WOW!!! The box is inscribed with The Fruit of the Spirit:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."(Galatians:22-23).

--------------


And some other quotes:


"Those who wish to transform the world, must be able to transform themselves."

"The joyful heart is always ready to count life's blessings."

"The true measure of loving God is to love him without measure."

"Nothing is so strong as gentlessness: Nothing is so gentle as real strength."

"Every good work is a grain of seed for eternal life."

"True Peace is knowing God will do what he promises."

"Patience is having the strength to wait for the Lord's perfect timing."

"Faith is the blossom that springs forth the seeds of hope."

"Gather seeds of kindness: Plant each with tender care."


--------------

Oh yeah, the recipe!

Pumpkin Loaf

Instructions for the loaf:

3 eggs
1 cup of sugar
2/3 cup of canned Pumpkin
3/4 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of finely chopped nuts
Powdered Sugar (sprinkle a towel large enough to hold the finished cake, with powdered sugar)

Grease 10x15 cookie sheet. Line w/wax paper, grease again. Mix batter in the order of ingredients given. Beat eggs, sugar, then add pumpkin. Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon & salt and add to egg/sugar/pumpkin mixture. Spread batter in pan, sprinkle w/nuts. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn out on a towel that has been sprinkled w/ Powdered Sugar. Roll up in towel w/wax paper & let cool.


Instructions for the filling:

1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
2 Tbsps. Butter, softened
3/4 tsp of vanilla
1 cup of sifted powdered sugar

Cream ingredients w/mixer until smooth. Unroll cake and remove wax paper spread filling over cake. Roll back up & wrap in waxpaper/foil. Store in fridge.

Happy Baking,

No comments: