Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A CHISTMAS EVE STATUS REPORT

Lisa uses this status report format on her blog and I really like it. It works well for those extreme days when you either have nothing to say or so much that you can't write just one post. Today is a perfect Status Report Day. I plan to update throughout the day and document every possible moment of the "build up" to the much anticipated - Christmas Day!

Sitting... here laughing my head off at C who sat straight up in bed this morning and instead of his usual, groggy "Good morning, mommy" He yelled out, "Well, Mommy, I guess Santa muss be getting dress!" It's going to be a fun day!

Making... a list, checking it twice. This refers to my final final meal list to be sure I have all the ingredients to prepare dinner tonight and tomorrow. Oh yeah, and making breakfast. That is, if you call cereal bars, bagels, strawberries and orange, apple or grape juice making something.

Calling... L with an EMERGENCY. He had to run an errand this morning, but before leaving got B out of bed and brought him into our room with his paci. Now the poor kid is paci-less and melting down! I abruptly ended a phone call with my mother, because B is screaming louder than I can talk. Whoo!

Bending... the rules to let B have candy with breakfast. I have to keep him happy while I find that paci.

Surviving... Barely. The rapid fire of questions C is already asking me this morning. Like..."When is Santa coming?" and "Is it almost dark yet?" and "Is it dark in China, right now?" and "Does that mean they are already having Christmas Eve night in China?" Can reindeer sit down? and last but not least this: "Uh, Mommy, do you remember that list I gave you to give Santa? Did you get it back? I need to look at it." I can only hope he doesn't need to add something. Maybe he just wants to hold Santa accountable tomorrow morning. We'll see. Hilarious.

Drinking... Freshly brewed Folgers Decaf coffee. Medium Roast.

Reading... My Jesus is Everything, by Anne Graham Lotz. She writes:

"He discharges the debtors. He delivers the captives. He defends the feeble. He blesses the young. He serves the unfortunate. He regards the aged. He rewards the diligent. He beautifies the meek. He is the key to knowledge. He is the wellspring of wisdom. He is the foundation of faith. He is the doorway of deliverance. He is the pathway to peace. He is the roadway of righteousness. He is the gateway to glory. He is the highway to happiness. My Jesus is...Everything!"


Praying... for those who don't know HIM. That by God's almighty power they will be led into the way everlasting.

Tracking... Santa's every move! like JMOM & Co. over at Lots of Scotts

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I miss Christmas with little ones. But, mine are now more involved in the planning, etc. and that is fun too. Have a blessed Christmas!

Lisa Q