Monday, December 22, 2008

THANKFULLY FREEZING COLD

Yesterday was the official first day of winter. This morning's temperature was a freezing 18 degrees. You wouldn't know it by today, but the place we call home is sometimes called HOT-Lanta, so we Georgia Peaches are well, um, adjusting.

Even my little B had a hard time thawing out this morning. He must have sensed it was a cold day, because he just wanted to cuddle with his favorite pillow, in his favorite chair and spend the day doing this:




However, we ended up doing something more along the lines of this:



Bundled to the max, on this chilly second day of winter my heart is flooded with thanksgiving. I thank God for the warm house that he woke us up in this morning, because truthfully, before we saw the news we had NO idea it was THAT cold outside. Afterall, it was a toasty 74 degrees inside.

I thank God for our warm home, I thank HIM that we have a home. I thank HIM that once we received the news of the low temperature, we were able to proceed to our closets and pick from a variety of long sleeved shirts and coats to keep warm. After preparing the boys breakfast (I thank HIM that our pantry is full), Dad went outside to warm the vehicles and we headed off to our schools and jobs.

I do not take for granted ALL that God has given us - a warm place to sleep, food to eat, clothes to wear, family to love, vehicles to drive, caretakers who eagerly and lovingly receive our children each morning and jobs to work. He is truly my Jehovah Raah - Lord The Provider. I give HIM all the praise and glory for his gracious provisions (spiritual and material) in our lives. Thank You Lord!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We are freezing here in N. Ga also. I am from Atlanta originally and remember an ice storm as a child that knocked out our power. My dad was out of town and he was just my mom and I.

And yes, thank Him for all the many things He has provided us.

Lisa Q