Sunday, January 11, 2009

RESTING COMFORTABLY


Granny visited from Texas this week and was kind enough to provide babysitting while Dad and I headed out for date night, both Friday and Saturday (whoo hoo!). The boys rested so well. Normally, we hire a sitter and both C and B are awake when we return, no matter how late. But, not this weekend. It's something about being in the comfortable and sure care of Granny that made them feel just fine going "sleepy -time." In fact they didn't even make it up to their bedrooms, they conked out right there on the sofa. Seeing them resting so peacefully when we returned last night, warmed my heart and reminded me of one of my favorite scriptures.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28, KJV)

Nothing else gives me the comfort I have of putting everything in the Lord's hands and just resting in him. I just have that supernatural peace that passes all understanding. Oh, I know how they feel.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How sweet! Nothing cuter than sleeping angels. I love that as a momma! God gives us sweet rest.

Lisa Q