Saturday, January 24, 2009

FLY THIS PLANE

While in the doctor's office the other day I read this quote:

"When God leads you to the edge of the cliff, TRUST HIM fully. Only one of two things will happen, either HE will catch you when you fall, or HE will teach you how to fly."

Speaking of flying, later in the week, I ran across this:


This photo (I just love it!), captured a moment in which we were on an un-crowded flight and got the chance to "plop" C in the Co-pilot chair for a photo-opp. The Pilot began talking to him about all the instruments and how to fly the plane, as if he really expected him to do it! The expression on his face says that C was very overwhelmed.

I have been thinking lately, about how God calls us out of our comfort zone to do the work he has planned for us and it can feel a lot like being told we're going to have to FLY THE PLANE. But the Holy Spirit reminds me that HE has plans; plans that say HE will "show up and take care of you." 1 I love this Word from the Lord spoken by Jeremiah to the exiles of Jerusalem. When the exiles were told that they would be led out of Babylon after seventy years of captivity the Lord (through Jeremiah) told them this:

"I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."(Jeremiah 29:11, NIV)

I too was led from captivity, freed from the bondage of sin; Not to be on the sidelines but to actively work in ministry and boldly witness of HIS goodness and grace. And by the way, I am learning that if I just follow HIM, the landings are much smoother. And after My Heavenly Pilot has guided me safely through, I'll be doing this:









1 Jeremiah 29:11, The Message

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses. It reminds me that my God is sovereign and He will take care of me. What have I to fear? Absolutely nothing!

Lisa Q