Thursday, May 14, 2009

ZOO (IN A GOOD WAY)

Last Friday was THE Zoo - literally ....



This Friday will be A Zoo - figuratively, as we kick off another activity filled weekend and I'm not complaining one bit, in fact I'm looking forward to every thing in the "line-up." I would not wish to trade out one single.solitary. event. So, even though I refer to it as a "zoo," I mean that in the best kind of way. We will see and do lots of different things - all priceless and exciting:

Friday night is C's Pre-K graduation. O, how my heart melts! This is truly a watershed event for our family. Over the past several months, everything (energy, effort, activities, everything) - has flowed into this moment and over the next several months all things will flow out of this milestone. C's age and grade (Kindergarten/5) makes him "eligible" for lots of new things - church choir, city league football and who knows what else. We're excited but it is bittersweet I tell you, just bittersweet. I have stocked up on tissues, for tomorrow and the months to come. Most of the ceremony will be a surprise to the parents but I've had the pleasure of hearing C practice a few of the songs around the house and I tear up EVERY time. He is really growing up and it was a fast five years!

Saturday I will be Mistress of Ceremony of a Women's Tea at a dear friends church. The theme: Women of Many Hats. Everyone is wearing a hat, this could be like the Christian Kentucky Derby(what fun!!!)> The scripture focus is Titus 2. Talk about excited. I can't wait to fellowship with a room full of women on Biblical Womanhood, Balance and Discipleship, Intentional Living, Spiritual Integrity and the overall Pursuit of Holiness in the most practical areas of our lives as outlined in the Word of God. I expect that our hearts will be truly blessed.

Sunday I begin my very first Kay Arthur precepts class with a small study group at our church. We will be embarking on an inductive Bible Study of the book of Leviticus. I cannot wait to behold the wonders of HIS great law.

That's what's going on with us and as I prepare my heart is thankful.

Thank you Lord for the many wonders you have placed in my life. The gift of two beautiful children and a wonderful husband to me and father to them, who actively expresses his love for us each and every day. I thank you for the friends you have placed in my life who love you with all their hearts and like me, are chasing after you. I thank you for my church - this great family of faith - some of whom I will connect with on Sunday to begin a study of your decrees and commandments, so that we might know your more and come closer each day to living lives that uncompromisingly align with your Word. In Jesus' name, Amen.

"In every thing give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18, KJV)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad you posted!!! I grew up going to the old Atlanta Zoo. Loved it.
I know what you mean about kids and milestones.Oh my! It is hard on us mamma's.
I love studying Titus 2! I bet ya'll had a great time.
Enjoy Kay Arthur.

Lisa Q